Jun 9, 2011

MOM - baby forever?

I was talking yesterday with my mom and a few friends, and my mom was saying how sad it is that babies grow so fast. Another friend agreed on this statement and said how you miss when they were huggable and kissable and couldn't do anything to stop you from doing it.

I've never felt this way, and I had to say it.

I love watching my son grow. I love each milestone that he reaches, and I truly enjoy being a part of this amazing process.

I can't believe that a year ago, he couldn't even walk, and now he's running all over the place yelling MOM!! LOOK!! at every little thing that he finds interesting (which is... um... everything!!)

My favorite milestone so far, is him saying I LOVE YOU. I find that priceless. And it's not like it makes me feel ultra special because he only says it to me. It's quite the opposite actually!!

He says I love you to every doll in his room, the dogs, me and my husband, his cousins, grandparents... But it's so delicious to watch him hug the dog, smooch him and say I LOVE YOU LOLA. He believes it when he says it. Or in the morning when he comes into my room, says hello, like a grown up would say hello, and then fall into my arms and looks me in the eye very seriuosly and say I LOVE YOU MOMMY.

Aaahh... The pleasure of knowing that you've raised a loving human being. Someone that appreciates everything that makes him feel loved, and knowing that he CAN demonstrate that love back.
That's what I like about that milestone. A 20 month old hugging his favorite bear when no one is watching and telling him that he loves him. There's nothing like it. Not even running!!

I have a son that enjoys everything to their very core.
Each bite of anything that he eats makes him smile and say mmmm sooo good!!
Every fruit or vegetable in the supermarket makes him bend and smell it and say mmmm sooo good!!
He even smells the dogs in the morning and says mmmm sooo good!!

I love him! And I love that he knows how to love. I believe that if you are capable of truly loving at least one living thing, you are blessed for the rest of your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment