Feb 20, 2012

second child?

Ever since I gave birth to my son I've been thinking about the second child... I've always known I'm gonna have another child and give my son a sibling, but it's a hard to decision to make.
At least for me.

First there's the pregnancy issue... I know there are millions of moms out there that say it's the most wonderful experience a woman can have, but I'm definetly not onw of them.
For me, pregnancy was about gaining 50 pounds, nausea, back pain, bad sleep, being tired... Anything but a wonderful experience. Of course I'm aware that 90% of those problems were my fault... And probably all of them came from my disability to stop eating, or at least eat healthy. Without the unnecessary weight gain I wouldn't have had back pain and bad sleep. And I wouldn't have looked like tweedle dee and tweedle dum... Which took my self esteem to below the ground and made me feel miserable every once in a while (and me eat more, because you know, what the hell, I already look like a ball).

Second there was the nursing issue. I loved nursing my son, I did for 9 months which I thought was perfect, not too little, not too much. Just right.
The thing about nursing is, that's your finally able to go out and do something, but every 2 hours you either have to pump or breastfeed, otherwise you'll burst through your ears. At least I did. So I must admit that after 6 months or so I was done with the nursing thing, but since I said I was gonna do it for 9 months, well, I did it. (I won't deny the amazing experience this is, because I did love it, having this tiny person look you in the eyes and hold your hand ♥)

Then there's the OMG I'm bringing another child to this crappy world thing. I'm not worrying too much about this issue right now because I'm sure that at our home the world is not crappy, so I'll start worrying about that later in life.

So after 2 years of planning and thinking, we've finally decided to get pregnant again, and now I'm starting to get all anxious about other stuff that I didn't thought about before...

You see... One of the things I hate about myself is that I'm too square minded in some things. If already say I'm gonna do something some way, I can't do it another way. I just can't.
Like, if we plan we're going to the zoo x day, on that day you can't change my plans... I'll be going to bed all week knowing that x day is the day we go to the zoo.
Same crazy thing with music for example... I hate skipping songs in the car, because then I feel like I've heard some songs more that he others, and that pisses me off!
I know you'll think that's stupid, and I totally get it, I think that too, but I can't help it.

So going back to the having another child thing, I worry a lot about doing things different with a second pregnancy/birth/child. I'm wondering now if I should have a c-section or give natural birth? My first son was planned as a water birth, but for some unknown reason in life, I ended up having one hell of a labor and a c-section.
So my first choice is to have a c-section, but that seems silly to me... Why submit to surgery when I could have a water birth? But then I think that's not fair with my first child, because that was supposed to be HIS birth. And then I think I'm just crazy and wonder if I even should try to get pregnant again and become a crazy mother again.

Then I think about it... My first child is wonderful. And I'm not just saying that because I'm his mother. He is truly an amazing and wonderful person. What if the second child comes out all crazy and mean?? What if he has trouble sleeping? Or is a picky eater? Or bites and hits?? What if what if what if??

Then I stop again and think that my first son is so wonderful because me and my husband have taught him to be that way, and any other child we have will probably be the same way because he will be raised with the same love and understanding as the fisrt one.

So this are the issues on my mind these days that we've finally decided to get pregnant again...

I just hope I can keep my mouth shut and avoid looking like tweedle dee and tweedle dum again.


this is me 6 months pregnant

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo!!! Nothing to worry about, Burns. :)
    Eres definitivamente una mamá maravillosamente loca!!!

    ReplyDelete